Do any of these apply to your business?
- I process my own payroll; it was easy in the beginning but now it’s overwhelming.
- Payroll is too confusing and time consuming.
- We occasionally pay payroll tax penalties.
- I’m not sure I am always following the most current withholding laws.
- I have employees but I’ve not taken the time to make an employee handbook.
- We do not have a written policy when dealing with things like sexual harassment, reprimands, discrimination, or equal opportunity employment.
- I do not have owner-only benefit package in place.
- I do not currently have a benefits package for my employees.
If so, maybe it is time to outsource this time consuming duty.
If you are looking at using us for your accounting and payroll needs, these are the documents to bring to your first appointment.
- Bank Statements
- Checkbook Register
- Last Year’s Tax Return
- Business Card
- Credit Card Statements
- Payroll and Sales Tax Booklets
- Loan & Line of Credit Payment Information
- List of assets, purchase date and purchase price
- Accounts Payable (What you owe)
- Accounts Receivable (Who owes you)
- What Type of Business (Corporation, Sole Proprietor, etc.)
- Copy of QuickBooks File
- Copies of ALL employee’s COMPLETED W-4’s
- Copy of Missouri Unemployment Letter with current rate
- Federal Coupon Book
- Missouri Coupon Book
- Each Employee Wage Rate
- Any Tax Letters pertaining to payroll
- YTD Information